Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Fiction Packet 3

Well hello fiction, why are you looking like poetry? These reading were unique and kind of interesting for me to read because to me they read like poetry. I don't understand poetry very well, but thankfully there were enough short story elements that I could think about it and eventually understand somewhat what was going on. I liked the story "When it Rains it Rains a River" for a reason I can't really figure out. Possibly it's because of the way it reads, but I'm not sure.

How they describe building the girl is very poetic, but in a way I can actually comprehend. It describes making her body with mud, focussing on the knees, and then how there's two bright moons which she looks through, her eyes. It's such a unique way to say it it just kind of drew me in.

"We take what is left of the mud and we make Girl. We start at the bottom and make our way up. Girl's knees are especially muddy. They make us want to stay forever kneeling."

He takes something unattractive, mud, and use it in a way that compliments women. Making a woman something to worship is one definite way to make them feel special.

"At night, when we look up from the mud with our mud-shot eyes, we see that the sky, it has floating up in it not one, but two, moons. These moons, they are what Girl uses to look at the world through."

I've heard pickup lines like "your eyes shine like the sun", "your eyes hold more stars than the night sky", and "your eyes are bluer than the ocean" but I've never heard someone compare a girl's eyes to the moon. It's a shame, because I think that the moon is really beautiful; I suppose this story gave me a new standard for a compliment from men.



1 comment: