Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fiction? YES!

Okay so I don't think you understand exactly how excited I am for fiction. Poetry is great in its own way, but there's no mistaking that writing and reading fiction is my favorite thing in the world. I really hope to improve my writing as we progress into the fiction portion of the semester and I honestly can't wait to get started.

One section that really caught my interest was the Mystery portion of the packet. My interest has always been caught by Mystery stories because I'm one of those people that get really drawn in by detail. And my gosh did these stories have a lot of detail; thanks to the imagery used I could almost see what was going on in the story. One story that I believe really shows great imagery is "The Record Store". Throughout the story I could really use what I know record stores look like and what the story detailed that the store looked like.

Another story that I thought was really unique was "Misdemeanors". It was really interesting to see two takes on the same story side by side like that. I think that it really expresses the fact that everyone sees things differently, even in the same situation. I love seeing different people's take on the same thing and how unique we all are.

I'm so happy to be moving on from poetry, short stories and even fiction itself is more my speed. I can't wait to see what's planned for us. Ja ne! <3

1 comment:

  1. Ok, good, say more and include some more examples from the stories. 8/10

    ReplyDelete